Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Change of Pace

Since I seem to only write depressing things here, I decided that I'll start posting some writing exercises I've been doing from a book called Write Brain.
Exercise 1:
Include the words: Exorcist, jambalaya, keepsake
Sometimes I feel just like a gerbil running around and around on his wheel. I mean, I do an honest day of work. Although I should feel saint-like being an exorcist, I still feel that I'm just recycling these demons back into the system. Maybe I've exorcised some of the same ones over, how would I know. If I could only take some sort of keepsake from each, to let me know if I meet them again. Like a special jambalaya recipe, then I could say "Hey how do you make jambalaya?" right before I make the demon burst from the body. Although I can't say demons believe in honesty at all costs. I don't even think humans do. The reality of it is... I bet demons make horrible jambalaya.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now i'm always going to feel like a gerbil when I eat jambalaya