Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Zomb-a-lom-bies

Zombies


Inevitable


Not the most descriptive adjective for them but it’s the one that holds the most truth. You might not think this is where the fate of humankind will lead but I can prove it’s already begun.Maybe you’ll recognize my description as someone you know.


My sister and I used to attend an Anglican church. For me it wasn’t about religion, it was just a place to hang out with my best friend. We had a minister, who was a great guy - comical and easy going. Then like a switch, his sermons became monotone and dull, compared to their usual entertaining cadence. The true tell-tale sign of zombie-ism was the obese flies crawling on his face and hands, line-dancing across his brow. A zombie in God’s house, attempting to preach his words may seem ironic but like a shark they are not evil or malicious. It is just in their nature.


It’s not wide-spread. Yet. The signs are present and they will become persistent in daily life. The zombies will come and with the speed of locomotive gaining ground, they will cover our world.

No comments: