Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Rollercoaster Goes Down But It Also Goes Up

I've never been so up and down before. On a day when I would expect myself to be down, I'm happy. Working from ten to nine at two different jobs - I would expect to be depressed. Who wouldn't? I'm happy to be back at work again, both of them. Even though I feel more than lost at both, atleast I'm doing something. I had two whole weeks off - to think about what I wanted to do I suppose, or maybe to fix myself or just take a break. Well I can't say that's what I did. Instead, I crashed. I was awake until five a.m. and then slept all day which for me is a huge sign that I'm in trouble. Basically (and everyone I explain this to laughs) I stay awake late as a way to keep away tomorrow. I don't want to face a new day. Hell, I don't want face any day. Then I sleep all day in an attempt to avoid admitting that tomorrow is now today. If I could, I would sleep a life time. In a sense, that sounds suicidal, but its not. I'm just saying I want to fall into a permanent coma. I really dont think it's unreasonable. Who doesn't like to sleep? Anywyas if I wasn't sleeping, I was either with my horses or drunk. Eventually at the end of the two weeks, my body foiled me and I got chest pains every time I drank. I'd be a poor alcoholic. I wouldn't say it was too weeks well spent. I didn't do anything that I should have done. I didn't work out, eat well, fix my sleep schedule, figure out what I wanted in the future, I didn't even plant my poor plants in the garden. Today though, I feel better. I called my doc (on maternity leave again, jeez you'd think she'd know how to use birth control! Another one?!) and decided to get help. I don't know what form that will be exactly, but I know even with a good day, I've crashed through the floor and I'm sinking into the basement's unset concrete. I need to talk to someone. To me, paying someone to listen isn't a bad idea. Let's face it, no one cares if you're depressed. I know that no one will continue to read this. Well I atleast know one will; it seems blogging is a good way to keep in touch with what eachother's thinking. It's not that no one cares, it's that people only care to a certain extent. If it causes them grief or time to listen, then they don't want to be involved. No problem. I understand. But it hurts. I think I'm somewhat used to it because now when people want to know how I'm doing, I have a hard time telling. What's the point? Its like bad sex, they're already planning what they're doing tomorrow in their heads. In the defense of seeing a therapist, I think I would listen to someone if I was paid. Or atleast pretend to and maybe that's all I need. So I can't say it was a two weeks well spent but I think being able to come back to work gave me the jolt to atleast make a phone call. Wow it may be almost three a.m. at the moment but atleast it's not five and I did just come in from a run in the rain.

2 comments:

Jayna Moar said...

The cuteness that is you. That's the perfect picture for your blog site. It sums you all up.

Jayna Moar said...

Your avid reader is lacking new content to read. The writer should consider visiting on Saturday if she's not going to speak through her blog.