Monday, August 17, 2009

My Old Lady



I can't say old people are for me.
Nope, the majority of the time, they down right scare me.
That proves to some extent that my sister and I differ from one another.
She loves old people without a scrap of fear. It's something I can't fathom. Not only that but she'll wipe their bums without hesitation. I might not fear that but I probably couldn't stomach it.

There is one geriatric old lady that I adore. She drools like a mad woman, has one pidgeon foot, is lumpier than an old couch and seems to believe the old adage, " a firm bed is a good bed."
At 84, I think she's doing quite well. She'll do anything for a tasty treat and she still loves her walks. Her ears even bounce when she's feeling particularly energetic.

My old lady might not be the typical geriatric but the only fear I have for her is making sure she keeps all four feet securly on the ground.

In Loving Memory of Fidelle ~ Died August 10th, 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really good, Kait!